START A LOCAL CAPPIES CHAPTER
- The Cappies welcomes charter applications from across the U.S. and Canada.
- Over the past several years, Cappies Programs have been launched in 14 American and Canadian cities.
- If you'd like to start a Cappies in your area? Please click the GET STARTED button below, and we'll be in touch with you to send startup materials to help get you started!
- In order to join The Cappies, you will need to do the following:
- Organize a small local meeting, with students, parents, and teachers. There will need to be at least four schools willing to participate for your application to be approved.
- Form a steering committee, and apply for a charter.
Roles include Program Director, Chair, Treasurer, and board members.
- Find a program director, a person willing to volunteer time to make this work. This could be a parent, a teacher, or a theatre professional.
- Invite local newspapers/sources to publish reviews. (They're usually very enthusiastic.)
- Fill out the online charter application. A digital signature will be collected upon approval.
- Once approved, begin directing schools to the School Application page and ensure that all information is entered correctly so we can collect digital signatures from guardians/students/etc.
- Once you are approved, Cappies officials from across the U.S. and Canada will help you get off to a good start, and assist you with your first critics' training session. In your first year, it will take a lot of time, energy, and devotion.
- Your theatre students will get a terrific learning experience, feel a new excitement when they put on plays and musicals, and earn community accolades like never before.